Blog Entry #2

The teachers that I have shadowed have all seemed to use the constructivism teaching method. I think that a lot of teachers today are using the constructivism method because our world needs more hands on ways to learn to keep our attention. For example, the teacher I was observing was teaching a lesson on batteries and the positives and negatives and so on. She asked her students what kind of problems batteries helped solve when invented. And then they were asked to plan how to develop their own "machine" that uses a battery and helps solve a real world problem. Just for an example, a light. A battery can be used to light an area in the dark, without needing to be hooked up to a wall for electricity. The students then learned from their own experience how a battery worked, how to set one up and how it started working.

Comments