Blog Post #9 -- FINAL

I have really enjoyed my learning placement this semester. I feel as though I learned things about teaching and specifically Kindergarten that I did not know before. And to answer you question, I am still determined and excited to become a teacher! Although it may or may not be for Kindergarteners. With these young of students comes pros and cons. They are still so young where they are still learning good habits of being human, for example: respect, stillness, quietness, teamwork etc. But so many pros come with them as well, they are still so innocent that they come with so many good qualities.

I personally believe that this truly is the profession for me, and my learning placement helped me make sure of it. The grades that I want to teach (elementary school) are some of the most important times of their lives. They are learning the things they need to know to be a human, to understand how the world works. But it's also a time where they need some to listen and be there for them. To remind them that they are doing good and that they are smart. I learned that in this class. That some kids aren't being reminded that at home and that is something that is very important in a child's growth. To be shown love and shown that someone cares about them and their well being. I want to be that person for those kids, to be their friend, someone who they know they can go to or just to give them words or kindness when they need it.

My teacher taught me many things that I am planning on taking with me on my journey to become a teacher, and hopefully use when I get a job somewhere. A lot of the things were just procedures that she uses or certain types of assignments. Others were ways she controlled herself and her students. My teacher was very good at her job and you can tell that she has worked hard to get to where she is now.

My plan from here is to finish my pre-requisites and generals, and then apply to the program. I have about 2 semesters worth of classes. I also have to take the Praxis exam. I am really excited to enter the program here at UVU. I have heard so many amazing things about it and can't wait to get started. After I earn my degree, I either want to go back to my home town in Wasatch County and get a job there or depending on my future, teach on a military base!

I learned so much in this class and am grateful for all the things that these professors have taught me!

Comments